2017/18 Firrhill Senior Assessment Fortnight
27th November – 7th December 2017
For those of you with alternative arrangements including extra time and separate accommodation, arrangements for your assessments will be issued to you during the week beginning 20th November by Mrs Adams.
Please take careful note of the following:
S4 candidates have study leave on Monday 27/11 and Tuesday 28/11.
On those days pupils should attend only at the assessment times given but remember that whenever you are in school you must be in school uniform.
For the rest of the assessment fortnight it is expected that you will attend all of your classes when you do not have assessments.
Please report to the exam hall 10 minutes before the start of each of your assessments. On days when your exam starts at 8.45am you will be registered in the exam hall.
S5 & S6
Monday 27th November – Friday 1st December – Study Leave.
Attendance for assessments only but remember that whenever you are in school you must be in school uniform. Please report directly to the exam hall on these days. Thereafter all senior pupils who are not in an exam should attend all classes, including study classes as usual. Please report to the exam hall 10 minutes before the start of each of your assessments. On days when your exam starts at 8.45am you will be registered in the exam hall.
For all assessments, you are expected to stay in the Games Hall for the duration of the assessment.
Revision: Get Started!
- It is never too late to start!
- Plan your time to take account of when your assessments fall.
- Review notes focusing on what you find hard.
- Check with your teachers what your priorities should be.
Procedures: Be Prepared!
- Rooms and seat numbers are displayed in the foyer the day before each assessment.
- Report to the Games Hall 10 minutes prior to the start.
- Pupils who have additional arrangements should report to the allocated room.
Behaviour: Be Courteous!
- At any time when you are not in class, due to assessments, behave with consideration for others’ learning.
- The dining hall is available to all seniors if you need a waiting area.
- Invigilators are in charge of the management of exams. You must follow their instructions at all times. Mrs Chambers is our Chief Invigilator.
- Please be aware mobile phones, MP3 players & iPods are not allowed in the Games Hall.
- You may hand them into an invigilator who will give you a ticket.
- Being caught with an electronic device can endanger all your results.
You can get a copy of the examination timetable by clicking HERE.