I very much hope that your child has had a successful time during the SQA exam diet.
If your child is not returning for S5 then s/he should have completed and handed in a Leavers’ Form. If s/he hasn’t please could you ask her/him to come into school this week to complete one. For all other pupils: –
Return of new S5 to classes on Monday the 5th of June 2017 – report to school at 8.45am
We are looking forward to seeing your son/daughter returning for the start of S5. Please note the arrangements below: –
- All new S5 pupils should be in the Assembly Hall by 8.45am ready for an Assembly at 8.50am led by the Headteacher and Depute Headteachers.
- Timetables will be handed out and expectations for the first few weeks will be made clear.
- In particular, all pupils will be given a Senior School contract which s/he should sign and then bring home to you for your signature before it is returned to your child’s Guidance Teacher at PSE on Tuesday the 6th of June or Thursday the 8th of June.
The following is a brief outline of the expectations for all S5 pupils. More detail will be given on Monday and during PSE.
- S5 is a very demanding year. To be successful, all pupils must work very hard from their first day. To support this there will be an early report which will let you know whether your child’s teachers have concerns about classwork, homework, attitude or attendance. This should arrive with you during the last week of term.
- All S5 pupils are expected to wear appropriate school dress, the detail of which includes: –
- White shirt, black trousers or skirt, fully black shoes and school tie are compulsory.
- If a jumper is worn it should be black and V-neck to allow the tie to be seen.
- Blazers are strongly encouraged. Blazers will be compulsory for pupils seeking positions of responsibility, e.g. prefects.
- Leggings, jeans and hooded tops are not allowed.
There will be more detailed advice to follow.
- All pupils are expected to be in school in time for the warning bell at 8.30am every morning to allow them to arrive in registration by 8.35am.
- All pupils are expected to attend every day unless there is a good reason for absence. The expected level of attendance is 95%.
Pupils will be in classes by the start of period 2. If you have any questions or concerns about these arrangements please contact your child’s Guidance Teacher in the first instance.