Last session we introduced a new online parents’ evening booking system. This system will be used for the S1 Parents’ Evening which takes place on Tuesday 28 November 2017 from 5:00 to 7:30pm. To access the online booking system please go to:
PLEASE NOTE: Do not try to ‘Google’ this website address or use a search engine as that will not work. This is a common mistake on phones and tablets especially. Either click on the link (above) or type this address into your website browser’s ‘address bar’.
To login to the system you will need:
- Your title and surname (these must match those we have on record for you)
- Your child’s first name, surname and date of birth (again these must match what we have on record)
Once you have logged in you will be able to see which appointments are available and select those that are convenient for you. The system will go live for the S1 Parents’ Evening from 4pm on Monday 20 November 2017 and will remain open to take your bookings until Tuesday 28 November at 8am.
Once you have logged in, we strongly recommend you use the ‘Automated Booking Wizard’ to make your appointments. You will be shown your child’s teachers and asked to enter your availability. Our wizard will use this information to calculate an order for your appointments which is the most efficient.
Parents’ Evenings at Firrhill are always very well attended and we are keen to enable as many parents as possible to meet with their child’s teachers. To make this possible our booking system controls the maximum number of appointments you can make. In the vast majority of cases pupils are making good progress in their subjects so whilst I understand your desire to see every teacher I would ask you to prioritise appointments with those subjects where you have particular questions for the teacher. Your cooperation with this will enable as many parents as possible to book time slots to meet with teachers on the evening.
Troubleshooting Tips – please read before booking!
- To login you need to enter the details we have on record for you and your child. If you have recently changed your title or surname, for example, and not informed us, we will be expecting you to login with the details we have on record
- The email address you enter is only used to receive a confirmation of your appointment. If the system gives you an error when you log in, it will not be the email address that is the problem
- If you have several children to make bookings for use the ‘Change Child’ button on the blue bar (above the school’s name) in the very top left corner of the Parent’s Booking Page to swap between your children. This does not apply to the Booking Wizard, where your children are in the tabs above the teacher names
We expect you to find the system straightforward and easy to use. However, if you are unable to book at home please call the school office for assistance.