What should I do if my child is absent (off ill, medical/dental appointment/personal etc)?

If you know in advance that your child is going to be absent from school for an appointment you should put this in writing and get your child to bring the note into to school and give it to their Tutor at registration.

If your child is absent from school due to an unexpected reason please telephone the school as early as you can on the first day of absence and let us know. If you are leaving a voice message please be sure to clearly state the name of your child and their class. It is also useful to know how long your child is likely to be absent (we appreciate you may not always be able to determine this on the first day of absence).

When your child returns from the absence please provide them with a written note which they should bring in and hand to their Tutor in registration.


What should I do if my child becomes ill during the school day?

If your child becomes unwell during the day they should go to Pupil Welfare (following proper procedures for leaving class) where their condition will be assessed by a First Aider. If your child is well enough to return to class they will do so. If they are not well enough to continue at school you will be contacted and asked to collect them from school.

Your child should not phone you if they are feeling unwell. This can cause you unnecessary anxiety. Rest assured that if your child is too unwell to stay at school we will contact you to let you know.


What should I do if my child has lost something?

All personal belongings are brought to school at your own risk.

Your child should check at the school office in the first instance as lost property is kept there. Similarly, if your child every finds a lost item they should hand it in to the school office.

You can improve the chances of getting lost items returned by making sure that all clothing and larger items are clearly labelled with your child’s name.

If an item goes missing we will take reasonable steps to help your child find it butif the item cannot be found the school is not liable for replacing lost items.


What should I do if I would like to contact my child’s subject/guidance teacher?

Please telephone the school or email using the Admin address and a message will be passed to the relevant teacher.

Please note that every teacher has a busy timetable and they are very unlikely to be able to reply to you straight away. We do our best to try and get back to you within 3 working days. Please remember that an email may only be picked up the day after you send it.

In an emergency situation you should always telephone  Рdo not use email as the email account is not constantly monitored.


What should I do if I need to update my contact details?

It is essential that the contact information we have for you is correct. If we need to contact you in an emergency valuable time can be lost if details are incorrect or out of date.

Every year you will be sent a Data Form. Please be sure to complete this and return it to us as per the instructions on the form.

If you change address, telephone number or email address during the school year please either have your child bring in a written letter with the new details to the school office or call the school and give us your new details over the phone.

We understand when you move house that letting us know may not be the first thing on the ‘to-do’ list but please try to remember so as to avoid missing out on important information from school about your child.


Follow Us

Visit Us
Follow Me