Purpose and Aims of the Course
National 4 Drama provides opportunities for learners to develop skills creating and presenting drama. This Course focuses on the development and use of drama skills and production skills to present drama. This Course is practical and experiential.
The aims of the Course are to enable learners to:
- generate and communicate thoughts and ideas when creating drama
- develop a knowledge of social and cultural influences on drama
- develop skills in presenting drama
- develop production skills in presenting drama
- use drama skills in a drama performance
- explore form, structure, genre and style
As learners develop practical skills creating and presenting drama, they will also develop an understanding of cultural and social influences on drama. Learners will explore and reflect on how the use of self-expression, language and movement can develop their ideas for drama. Learners will develop thinking skills as they explore, develop and use drama skills.
Link to course page on SQA website here.
Link to Course Resources